Art IS Education Pilot Program Information 2016-2017
Hayward Unified School District
Art IS Education Pilot Program
- Do you want to inspire and delight your students with an amazing art integration experience?
- Do you want to learn how to bring art into the classroom through having your own art experiences?
- Do you want to learn about HUSD’s Common Core Instructional Framework and our transition to Common Core?
If so, we are looking for elementary grade level teams (TK - 6) to participate in an exciting Common Core Art Integration opportunity.
This is the fourth year HUSD is offering this amazing opportunity! Past participants may apply! Join us to develop your artistic side and learn more about digital photography, water colors, Zentangle drawing, paper arts, or mask making and how to integrate these techniques into your language Arts Curriculum.
- Learn how to integrate art into HUSD's approach to the Common Core
- Paid professional development from expert artists and art teachers who will be available throughout the pilot program to support you
- Funding for art supplies for your arts integration project
- Attend 4 Saturdays of professional development (see below for details).
- Teach a collaboratively developed Common Core ELA Art Integration Unit
- Collaboratively lesson plan the art lessons with your grade level team and our art leaders
Professional Development and Compensation:
- 4 days of professional development from 10:00-2:00 pm
- October 8
- October 22
- November 5
- February 25
- Earn $200 per day
- Lunch will be provided
- Location: Mt. Eden High School
How to Apply:
- Talk to your grade level team to see if there is interest. Space is limited so preference will be given to schools that have more than one teacher per grade level applying.
- Submit your application to participate in the program through our registration form on our website.
Online Application Link => Art IS Education Application
This Pilot Program is supported by a generous grant from Paintbrush Diplomacy.