2012 - 2013 Facility Use Hourly Fee Schedule
|Facility:||Fair Market||Direct Cost||Additional Fees Apply - 8:01pm - 7:59am, Weekends, and any day that school is NOT in sesson, i.e. summertime, holidays, school closures.|
|Gymnasium||$70.00||$35.00||Building Use: $36.00 per hour*|
|Multipurpose Room||$40.00||$20.00||*Mininum 2 hour charge|
|MP Room w/ Kitchen Use||$156.00||$136.00|
|Grass Field||$30.00||$15.00||Field Use: Daily Flat Rate*|
|Turf Field||$40.00||$20.00||[< 4 hours] $72.00|
|Snack Bar||$5.00||$3.00||[=> 4 hours] $144.00|
How to Apply
1. Complete an application: Facility Use Application.pdf
2. Obtain School Principal approval/signature.
3. Deliver completed application to the District Office at least 30 days in advance of requested use.
Civic Center Act
Education Code 38130. This article shall be known and may be cited as the Civic Center Act.
38131. (a) There is a civic center at each and every public school facility and grounds within the state where the citizens, parent teacher associations, Camp Fire girls, Boy Scout troops, veterans' organizations, farmers' organizations, school-community advisory councils, senior citizens' organizations, clubs, and associations formed for recreational, educational, political, economic, artistic, or moral activities of the public school districts may engage in supervised recreational activities, and where they may meet and discuss, from time to time, as they may desire, any subjects and questions that in their judgment pertain to the educational, political, economic, artistic, and moral interests of the citizens of the communities in which they reside. For purposes of this section, "veterans' organizations" are those groups included within the definition of that term as specified in subdivision (a) of Section 1800 of the Military and Veterans Code.
Applications for Fiscal Years 2016-17 (ends June 30, 2017) will only be considered. Applications for an upcoming Fiscal Year are not accepted sooner than May 1 of any given year.
Applicants who have read the Board policies and reviewed the fees should follow these steps:
(1) Complete the top portion of the Facilities Use Application
- Include special instructions if required
(2) Obtain the site administrator’s approval
- This requires a signature from the site administrator or designated employee
- To contact sites please see this list
(3) Obtain a certificate of insurance (example)
- Ensure that HUSD is listed as an additional insured
- HUSD requires no less than $1,000,000 aggregate and $100,000 per occurrence public liability and property damage insurance
(4) Complete a W-9 form
(5) Submit the Facilities Use Application, certificate of insurance, and the W-9 form to the HUSD Business Services Office.
Hayward Board of Education Policy 1330 Community Relations - Fees
The Board shall grant the use of school facilities or grounds without charge to school-related organizations whose activities are directly related to or for the benefit of district schools. Other groups requesting the use of school facilities under the Civic Center Act shall be charged at least direct costs.
Groups shall be charged fair rental value when using school facilities or grounds for entertainment or meetings where admission is charged or contributions solicited and net receipts are not to be expended for charitable purposes or for the welfare of the district's students. (Education Code 38134) - October 23, 2013.