Hayward Unified School District
Year 16 E-Rate 2013-2014
Internet Access Procurement
The Hayward Unified School District plans to obtain Internet services which, described in detail below, include setup, maintenance and troubleshooting of networking equipment owned by Hayward Unified School District. Internet service agreements made between Hayward Unified School District and vendor will depend upon funding provided through the Schools and Libraries Division of USAC. (for more information about E-Rate funding please visit www.usac.org/sl)
Service Provider Criteria and Contract Requirements
The successful bidder(s) will be responsible for participating in the Federal E-Rate program.
In addition, the District may use this bid to issue purchase orders and pay for items on a purchase order that are not eligible for E-RATE discounts. The District will pay the vendor using District funds for these purchases.
Prices must be held firm for the duration of the E-Rate Year 16, fiscal year ending June 30, 2014.
These services depend on partial funding from the E-rate program.
- Applicant expects each Service Provider to make themselves thoroughly familiar with any rules or regulations regarding the E-rate program.
- All contracts entered into as a result of this RFP will be contingent upon the specific funding of the FRN at the percentage rate submitted for.
- NO billing or work can take place before July 1, 2013.
- In the event of questions during the E-Rate audit process, the successful vendor is expected to reply within 3-5 days to questions associated with their proposal.
- All work is subject to the 100% approval of the project or purchase by the FCC under the E-rate discount program of the Telecommunications Act of 1996.
A. Internet Services:
Vendor will provide district these specific Internet services/list in accordance with the Federal Communication Commission rules for Universal Service Fund (E-Rate) subsidy under the Telecommunications Act of 1996:
1. Provide District access to the Internet through one or more paths.
2. Manage (install and configure) and maintain Internet equipment, specifically site routers, owned by district.
3. Respond to voice or Email inquiries regarding internet service outages within one hour, during normal business hours.
4. Provide the following services:
5. Domain name services and registration.
6. Coordinated email services to all personnel in district.
7. Firewall services as it relates to the core network.
8. Provide web hosting (does not include content or creation).
9. District is seeking Email services for approximately 4,000 accounts.
10. (for Email Services) Describe site account management ability (must be able to manage email accounts locally, and provide account loading utilities, and integration with Active Directory.
11. Document configuration data on all equipment used to access the internet to facilitate repair or replacement.
12. Install operating system upgrades on all internet access routers.
13. Coordinate repair or replacement of internet equipment and maintain swappable spares to reestablish service as soon as reasonably possible.
14. Coordinate data circuit repair with providers when needed.
15. Must be able to provide 500 MB or greater internet access.
16. Must maintain current levels of access to educational support systems, (i.e. student attendance systems or financial systems). Must comply with USAC rules regarding eligibility and cost allocation.
17. Vendor must provide quote with access up to Gigabit speeds from district to Internet. If gigabit speed is not available to a specific site quote must show specific transmission speed for that site. ( Note: District is interested in seeing pricing for 100 MB and greater, up to 3 Gig.
B. Vendor Selection Criteria:
The district will abide by USAC/E-rate rules relative to selection criteria.
The district will use the price is the highest weight in their evaluations to follow the requirements of the FCC (price being the primary factor FCC 54.503 )
Other Criteria will be (but not limited to): A. Providing the correct documentation/quotes by due date that is clear and easy to understand. B. References C. Prior e-rate experience district has with vendor if applicable D. Other items, i.e. financial stability, etc.