Elementary IAB Schedule for 2016-2017
February Hand Scoring
The Math IABs will not need any hand scoring as these tests will be automatically scored by the CAASPP system.
The ELA Performance Tasks administered to students in grades 3, 4, 5, and 6 must be hand scored in order to retrieve results.
Hand scoring will take place on February 21, 23, 24, and 27 which will be minimum days.
The amount of scoring required per student is:
- Two constructed responses
- One full essay
Interim Assessment Blocks (IABs) focus on the smaller sets of targets and therefore provide more detailed information for instructional purposes.
IABs have the following Features
- Assessments are accessible in grades K–12.
- At the high school level, the assessments are consistent with the grade 11 summative assessment and can be administered in grades 9, 10, 11, or 12.
- Assessments are optional, not secure, and frequency of use is a local decision.
- Test items were developed under the same conditions, protocols, and review procedures as those used in the summative assessments.
- Most items can be scored by the Smarter Balanced test delivery engine. Constructed-response items and performance tasks must be scored locally.
- Claim score reporting is based on three classifications related to the overall scale score – “Above Standard,” “At/Near Standard,” and “Below Standard.”
- Assessments are administered online using the same delivery software as the summative assessments.
- Provide results that teachers and administrators can examine in relation to the CCSS and then adjust instruction accordingly.